LED Projector Review - 3M MPro150 Pico Projector
9/23/2010 - Anthony Arrigo
3M LED Pico Projector - Overview
3M's MPro150 Pico projector is a full featured native SVGA (640 x 480) resolution projector that has a manufacturer rated 15 lumens of light output. Fairly typical light output for a Pico projector. It in some ways differentiates itself from the rest of the Pico projectors by offering an internal memory/software system that allows you to load many different presentation file formats that can be run directly from the projector without a laptop. By no means is the MPro150 the only projector that has this capability, but it is not common amongst all. It however has some drawbacks when it comes to displaying these file formats. Will provide more detail about that in the Performance section.
The MPro150 is small and compares easily in size and weight with other Pico projectors in its class. It's physical design in my opinion is one of the best I have seen. The touch menu on the top of the projector is well laid out and all the inputs are in very logical places.
The MPro150 supports multiple resolutions and can produce a 50 inch image. It's ability to project multiple HD sources also makes this a real contender against other Pico projectors. In the performance section I will discuss the resolution issues and provide some helpful information so you can decide if MPro150 is a good fit for you. Priced at $350 dollars, although can be found much less at certain online stores, the 3M MPro150 might be a good choice but as you read on, you will be able to decide for yourself if the cost matches all the features you particularly need in a projector. Below are some highlights, specs and special features. After that we will dive a little deeper into the MPro150 Pico.
3M MPro150 Projector Highlights
- Ability to play a wide array of media by loading files into internal memory.
- 1 GB of internal memory
- Onboard media player so you can decode AVI, ASF, WMV and MPG files. As well as MP3, WAV and AAC files.
- Can display JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP images.
- Can read document formats like DOC, XLS, PPT and PDF’s
- With additional accessories you can connect Apple iphones and ipods. Also you can connect Microsoft Zune, Sony Playstation Portable and other devices.
- Battery lasts up to 1.5 hours
- Largest screen size is 50 inches
Specs for 3M MPro150 LEDProjector
- MSRP: $350
- Technology: LED light technology
- Native Resolution: VGA (640 x 480) Max Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 768)
- Brightness: 15 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio:Not specified by manufacturer
- Lens: Fixed lens with focus adjustment
- Lamp Life: 20,000 hours
- Dimensions: 5.1” x 0.9” x 2.4”
- Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90 Days on Battery
3M MPro150 Special Features
Displays Multiple Presentation Formats
The MPro150 is able to run many types of presentation files without the use of a laptop. Display Excel files, PowerPoint files, Adobe Acrobat PDF's by just uploading the files to the projectors internal memory.
The MPro150 comes with a mini tripod and can easily mount to any tripod should you need to.
LED Light Technology
You never have to replace the lamp. The LED light technology used in Pico projectors means you will most likely buy the latest model before the lamp ever fails.
Just about any HD source can be viewed with the 3M MPro150. Accepts signals from digital cameras, game consoles, and other HD sources via standard size HDMI cable.