Canon SX50 - Summary, Pros, Cons
This is a great projector. Finally there is a truly portable SXGA+ projector that is affordable, and that is $2000 below the next least expensive SXGA+ projector that I'm aware of. It screams "watch out" to the SXGA+ projector competitors. With 2500 lumens it has sufficient "horsepower" for the vast majority of users and applications.
Awarding the Canon Realis SX50 a Hot Poduct Award was really easy. This projector is simply well done - in all areas.
- Razor sharp image
- Invisible pixels
- Accurate colors
- Zoom lens has wide range (1.7x)
- Excellent compression technology had no problems with other 4:3 resolutions, and did equally well with widescreen sources.
- Very, very good color handling with video sources
- Lowest price by far for an SXGA+ resolution projector
- Very good menu layout and functionality
- Excellent manual
- Warranty - 3 years Parts/Labor
- Versatile inputs
- Attractive looking
- Remote lacks disk pad, limiting cursor control to up/down/left/right for computer presentation/cursor control
- Slightly noisy (not a serious problem, even in a small room) definitely noisy though for home theater.
- Control panel
- Small and lighweight, no interchangeable lenses
Summary, Pros, Cons