Epson Powerlite Pro G5450WUNL 3LCD Projector Review
Epson G5450WUNL Projector: Bottom Line
The Epson Powerlite Pro G5450WUNL should be among the top choices for boardrooms and smaller sized auditorium. It offers a terrific combination of brightness, sharpness, color reproduction and a depth of image that few projectors in its price range or above can match. It also features ease of setup and an assortment of connection options that should fit the needs of any customer.
Compared to its predecessor, the G5350NL, the Epson G5450WUNL gives you full HD resolution and only 1000 fewer lumens at a price that is 33% lower than the G5350NL. Compared to the competition, the G5450WUNL represents a terrific value, as other projectors of the same brightness and resolution either cost considerably more than the G5450WUNL (i.e.: the InFocus IN5110 at $6499) or don’t offer multiple lens options (i.e.: the Sony VPLFH30 at $3999).
While the G5450WUNL may not have enough brightness to overcome ambient light in a large venue, it makes up for it by being highly watchable in its brightest mode, unlike some of the competition. If you need more brightness but don’t need the high resolution, you can always opt for the G5950NL, which adds another 1200 lumens for $300 less than the G5450WUNL.
Brightness issues aside (which is really nit-picking), the G5450WUNL packs a lot of performance and features into a reasonably priced, fairly compact and lightweight package. It combines that with an industry-leading warranty and service program. The Epson G5450WUNL, what’s not to like?
Epson G5450WUNL Projector: Pros
- Multiple lens capability allows for installation over a wide range of distances from screen
- Excellent color saturation and overall image with any resolution
- Excellent warranty and support via Road Service program
- DICOM simulation mode for medical educational purposes
- Can be unplugged immediately after powered down
- Ability to display presentation without a computer via a USB storage device
- Great value for the price
- Networking abilities including email notification for maintenance and mechanical problems, as well as presenting from other computers on the network
- If mounted, both lamp and filter can be changed without unmounting the projector
Epson G5450WUNL Projector: Cons
- May not be bright enough for large scale venues, especially with the long throw lens
- Has dust filter that must be maintained
- Full user manual provided only on disc, so there’s no way for a presenter to consult the manual if he’s using the PC free capability
You May Also Like
Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Home Theater Projector
Epson Pro Cinema G6900 WU Home Theater Projector
NEC NP-UM330W Ultra Short Throw Projector Review
Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector Review
Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD Projector Review
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Acer K335 LED Portable Projector Review
Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector Review