Epson Home Cinema 1080UB Home Theater Projector Review
Check out how the
View Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB vs. JVC DLA-RS1x projector comparison.
View Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB vs. Panasonic PT-AE2000U projector comparison.
View Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB vs. Sony VPL-VW40 projector comparison.
View . fared in our .
|Epson 1080UB Specs|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||1600|
|Zoom Lens Ratio||2.00:1|
|Lamp Life||3000 hours low power (theater black), 2000 hours at full lamp power|
|View Full Specifications Here >>|
- Best in class black levels – superior to any sub-$3000 projector I’ve seen yet, and better than most under twice that price.
- Excellent shadow detail
- Sharp – better than average – for 1080p projectors
- Good, not great, out of the box color accuracy, needs some work, for best enjoyment
- A bright Dynamic mode that really does the trick. Excellent on sports and HDTV, with some ambient light
- Solidly built
- Vertical and horizontal lens shift, and zoom lens with lots of range for excellent placement flexibility
- Excellent, best in class warranty
- 2 HDMI 1.3 inputs, with support for 1080p 24fps
- $2999 estimated street price, less $200 rebate, at launch
This is the second Epson Home Cinema projector in a row, that I’m reviewing. Two weeks ago, I published the review of Epson’s new Home Cinema 720, a 720p resolution home theater projector, that is bright, a good performer, and rather affordable. Now it’s time for the flagship of the Epson Home Cinema Line; the HC1080UB. Note, the UB designation stands for “UltraBlack