Epson Home Cinema 1080UB Home Theater Projector Review
Check out how the Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB fared in our comparison report.
View Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB vs. JVC DLA-RS1x projector comparison.
View Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB vs. Panasonic PT-AE2000U projector comparison.
View Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB vs. Sony VPL-VW40 projector comparison.
View annual winners.
|Epson 1080UB Specs|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||1600|
|Zoom Lens Ratio||2.00:1|
|Lamp Life||3000 hours low power (theater black), 2000 hours at full lamp power|
|View Full Specifications Here >>|
- Best in class black levels – superior to any sub-$3000 projector I’ve seen yet, and better than most under twice that price.
- Excellent shadow detail
- Sharp – better than average – for 1080p projectors
- Good, not great, out of the box color accuracy, needs some work, for best enjoyment
- A bright Dynamic mode that really does the trick. Excellent on sports and HDTV, with some ambient light
- Solidly built
- Vertical and horizontal lens shift, and zoom lens with lots of range for excellent placement flexibility
- Excellent, best in class warranty
- 2 HDMI 1.3 inputs, with support for 1080p 24fps
- $2999 estimated street price, less $200 rebate, at launch
This is the second Epson Home Cinema projector in a row, that I’m reviewing. Two weeks ago, I published the review of Epson’s new Home Cinema 720, a 720p resolution home theater projector, that is bright, a good performer, and rather affordable. Now it’s time for the flagship of the Epson Home Cinema Line; the HC1080UB. Note, the UB designation stands for “UltraBlack
You May Also Like
Casio EcoLite XJ-V1 Projector Review
DVDO Air3C Pro Wireless HDMI Device – A Review
Sony VPL-CH375 Projector Review
Four Home Theater Projector Comparison
BenQ W7500 Home Theater Projector Review
ViewSonic PLED-W800 LED Projector Review
Epson PowerLite 1985WU Projector Review
Sony VPL-VW1100ES 4K Projector – A Review