Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector Review
The Epson Powerlite Pro 1965 should be among the top choices for the classroom or conference room. It offers a terrific combination of brightness, sharpness, color reproduction and a depth of image that few projectors in its price range or above can match. It also features ease of setup and an assortment of connection options that should fit the needs of any customer.
The Epson 1965 is in a crowded field of XGA projectors rated at 4000-5000 lumens, but few of them have the ability to display good color balance in their brightest mode. Also, projectors that can put out almost 4000 lumens and are as portable as the 1965 are rare. Add in the network display capabilities and included wireless networking of the 1965 and the field shrinks to almost nil.
The 1965 packs a lot of performance and features into a reasonably priced, fairly compact and lightweight package. It combines that with an industry-leading warranty and service program. When you look at a projector checklist, the Epson 1965 ticks all the boxes and it easily qualifies for a Hot Product award.
- Excellent color saturation and overall image even in brightest mode
- Very good warranty and support via Road Service program
- DICOM simulation mode for medical educational purposes
- Can be unplugged immediately after powered down
- Ability to display presentation without a computer via a USB storage device
- Split screen and multiple projection capabilities
- If mounted, both lamp and filter can be changed without unmounting the projector
- Networking abilities including email notification for maintenance and mechanical problems, as well as presenting from other computers on the network
- Has dust filter that must be maintained
- Full user manual provided only on disc, so there’s no way for a presenter to consult the manual if he’s using the PC free capability
This projector review is included in our 2014-2015 Best Classroom Projectors Report, which is sponsored by Epson America.
You May Also Like
Casio XJ-UT310WN Ultra Short Throw Projector Review
Optoma HD141X Projector Review
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
BenQ HT1075 Projector Review
Vapex ProjectoScreen 120HD Screen Review
Epson Pro Cinema LS10000 Laser Home Theater Projector – Review
NEC NP-L102W Projector Review
LG PF85U LED Projector – Review