Hitachi CP-D10 Ultra Short Throw LCD Projector Review
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Bottom Line
The CP-D10 is a great solution for classrooms and conference rooms where a large screen size is not needed, space is at a premium and keeping both the projector and wiring out of the way is desirable.
The CP-D10 fares well when compared with other short throw projectors, like the previously reviewed Sanyo PLC-XL50 and Epson Powerlite 400W. While the Powerlite 400W offers networking ability and widescreen resolution, it costs more and isn’t quite as sharp. The PLC-XL50 offers a shorter throw, but again like the Powerlite 400W, it’s not as sharp, less portable and is much more expensive than the CP-D10.
While it’s not likely to be used much for movie viewing, the CP-D10’s deep, rich colors make for more than capable photo and video performance.
Overall, the Hitachi CP-D10 provides a nice combination of short throw, portability, well-saturated colors and good sharpness with any resolution. Combine this with a price under $1000 and I’m sure you’ll find the CP-D10 showing up in many schools and conference rooms.
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Pros, Cons, and Typical Capabilities
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Pros
- Short throw allows it to be wall mounted above the screen
- Good brightness at almost 2000 lumens
- Longer than average lamp life in “eco-mode” – 4000 hours
- Three sets of audio inputs, plus audio out
- Line templates for writing on whiteboard presentations
- Very good overall image, even at higher resolutions than native resolution
- Very good warranty
- Low maintenance dust filter
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Cons
- No digital (HDMI or DVI) inputs
- Difficult to set up as the smallest movement causes big changes on-screen
- No networking ability
- One-watt built-in speaker is not loud enough for most uses
- Remote has too many buttons the same size
You May Also Like
BenQ HT3050 Home Theater Projector Review
JVC DLA-RS600U, X950R Home Theater Projector Review
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1440 Projector Review
Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K Home Theater Projector Review
Epson EX7240 Pro Portable Projector Review
AAXA P700 HD Pocket LED Projector Review
Check out our 2015 Holiday Projector Shopping Guides
BenQ MX631ST Short Throw Projector Review