Hitachi CP-D10 Ultra Short Throw LCD Projector Review
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Bottom Line
The CP-D10 is a great solution for classrooms and conference rooms where a large screen size is not needed, space is at a premium and keeping both the projector and wiring out of the way is desirable.
The CP-D10 fares well when compared with other short throw projectors, like the previously reviewed Sanyo PLC-XL50 and Epson Powerlite 400W. While the Powerlite 400W offers networking ability and widescreen resolution, it costs more and isn’t quite as sharp. The PLC-XL50 offers a shorter throw, but again like the Powerlite 400W, it’s not as sharp, less portable and is much more expensive than the CP-D10.
While it’s not likely to be used much for movie viewing, the CP-D10’s deep, rich colors make for more than capable photo and video performance.
Overall, the Hitachi CP-D10 provides a nice combination of short throw, portability, well-saturated colors and good sharpness with any resolution. Combine this with a price under $1000 and I’m sure you’ll find the CP-D10 showing up in many schools and conference rooms.
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Pros, Cons, and Typical Capabilities
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Pros
- Short throw allows it to be wall mounted above the screen
- Good brightness at almost 2000 lumens
- Longer than average lamp life in “eco-mode” – 4000 hours
- Three sets of audio inputs, plus audio out
- Line templates for writing on whiteboard presentations
- Very good overall image, even at higher resolutions than native resolution
- Very good warranty
- Low maintenance dust filter
Hitachi CP-D10 Projector: Cons
- No digital (HDMI or DVI) inputs
- Difficult to set up as the smallest movement causes big changes on-screen
- No networking ability
- One-watt built-in speaker is not loud enough for most uses
- Remote has too many buttons the same size
You May Also Like
ViewSonic PJD6544w Projector Review
Epson VS335W Projector Review
JVC DLA-RS4910, DLA-RS49, DLA-X500R Projector Review
DVDO Air3 Wireless HDMI Transmitter
Asus P2B Pocket Projector Review
Epson EX5230 Portable Business Projector Review
Sony VPL-HW55ES Projector vs. Epson HC5030UB Projector
Epson PowerLite 99W 3LCD Projector Review