Hitachi iPJ-AW250N Interactive LCD Projector Review
Visit our 2012 Classroom Projector Report, sponsored by:
April 2012 - Anthony Arrigo
Hitachi iPJ-AW250N Projector Overview
Hitachi has introduced their latest interactive projector solution called the iPJ-AW250N that is packed full of features. This WXGA(1280x800) native resolution projector is an ultra short throw, or as Hitachi calls it, Ultimate Short Throw. The projector is capable of projecting 60-100" images.
The iPJ-AW250N is pretty bright at 2500 ANSI lumens in its Normal brightness mode. Definitely enough brightness to present to large classrooms even with the lights on in the room. The contrast ratio is 2000:1.
As for connections, this Hitachi can accept it all. Whether is be HDMI for the highest quality images or if you just want to plug in a USB drive and present your slides as a PC-less presentation you can definitely do it with this projector. I cover all the input capabilities in the Physical Tour section of this review.
This projector is interactive so it really opens up a whole new array of features. Using special software only designed for the PC teachers and presenters can now engage their audiences in ways they never could before. Annotation, handwriting recognition and a whole suite of other features are at your fingertips when you combine the projector, the proprietary StarBoard software and interactive pen.
This is a feature rich product, read on to learn more about the Hitachi iPJ-AW250N to determine if it is right for your needs and skill level.
Hitachi iPJ-AW250N Projector Highlights
- Ultra short throw and it is interactive by way of a interactive pen
- Software suite with an incredible amount of tools and options
- Fairly bright at 2500 ANSI lumens
- Motorized lens that closes itself when not in use.
- Easy to replace and maintain filter
- Can replace lamp without taking down the projector
- Hybrid Air Filter
Specs for the iPJ-AW250N
Click here for full specifications: Hitachi iPJ-AW250N
- Projection Technology: 0.59" (1.5cm) P-Si TFT x 3
- Brightness: 2500 ANSI Lumens Normal Mode / 1700 Lumens Eco Mode
- Resolution: WXGA (1280x800) Resolution with a Max of 1600x1200
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Lamp Life: 3000 Hrs Normal Mode / 5000 Eco Mode
- Throw Ratio: 0.3:1
- Dimensions: 13.58" x 11.92" x 4.01" (WxDxH)
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Estimated street price $1799
Hitachi iPJ-AW250N Projector Special Features
The software suite that comes with the iPJ-AW250N is very comprehensive and a myriad of teaching aids make for a pretty impressive level of functionality.
The lens mirrow is motorized. One power off it closes over the actual lens that emits the image. The image is produced by shining onto a convex like mirror that then directs the image towards the screen. This how it achieves larges images even though it only inches or a few feet from the screen.
The interactive pen communicates with your projector. The projector communicates via USB with the laptop. Use it to draw, annotate and as a mouse.