InFocus LiteShow III Wired, Wireless Networking Presentation Adapter Review
InFocus LiteShow III Projector: Pros
- Wireless transmission between computer and projector (or other display)
- Also supports hard wired network (RJ45)
- Allows up to four computers to be displayed at once on the projector (or other display) in four quadrants, or quickly click to have just one fill the display
- USB Token allows for fast installation
- Create duplicate Tokens, for multiple computers, for when in a hurry, as computers can work from the Token, and not have to have the software (on the token) installed. Thus, plug a Token (USB flash drive) into your computer, and start talking to the LiteShow III.
- Extremely reasonably priced compared to HDMI solutions
- Choose video streaming when you need video and audio with little lag and without any jerkiness due to dropping frames.
- Support for PC free Powerpoint presentations
- Really good documentation – for everything we actually tried to test, the documentation was good, understanable, and worked!
- 1 year warranty (and InFocus support) good for a device selling for under $300
- Password options
InFocus LiteShow III Projector: Cons
- Definite lag – typically .2 to 1 second. On most screens with my MacBook Pro, I’d say 1/4 second for normal browsing and computer use.
- Audio driver not fully installed on Token, some extra work needed for full audio support
- A true widescreen version would be a good option
- For on the go presenters, could be smaller and lighter (less featured LiteShow II was much smaller and lighter)
- Overall a very good solution, but probably not the best solution for someone using content that requires speed. Showing a browser window (say CNN.com) with a video running will get you that jerky only one frame in several.
You May Also Like
Subscriber-Only Content Directory
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
Four Home Theater Projector Comparison
#4 in our 4-Way Comparison: Optoma HD91 Home Theater Projector
#3 in our 4-Way Comparison: BenQ W7500 Home Theater Projector
#2 in our 4-Way Comparison: Sony VPL-HW40ES Home Theater Projector
#1 in our 4-Way Comparison: Epson Home Cinema 5030UB Projector