InFocus LiteShow III Wired, Wireless Networking Presentation Adapter Review
InFocus LiteShow III Projector: Pros
- Wireless transmission between computer and projector (or other display)
- Also supports hard wired network (RJ45)
- Allows up to four computers to be displayed at once on the projector (or other display) in four quadrants, or quickly click to have just one fill the display
- USB Token allows for fast installation
- Create duplicate Tokens, for multiple computers, for when in a hurry, as computers can work from the Token, and not have to have the software (on the token) installed. Thus, plug a Token (USB flash drive) into your computer, and start talking to the LiteShow III.
- Extremely reasonably priced compared to HDMI solutions
- Choose video streaming when you need video and audio with little lag and without any jerkiness due to dropping frames.
- Support for PC free Powerpoint presentations
- Really good documentation – for everything we actually tried to test, the documentation was good, understanable, and worked!
- 1 year warranty (and InFocus support) good for a device selling for under $300
- Password options
InFocus LiteShow III Projector: Cons
- Definite lag – typically .2 to 1 second. On most screens with my MacBook Pro, I’d say 1/4 second for normal browsing and computer use.
- Audio driver not fully installed on Token, some extra work needed for full audio support
- A true widescreen version would be a good option
- For on the go presenters, could be smaller and lighter (less featured LiteShow II was much smaller and lighter)
- Overall a very good solution, but probably not the best solution for someone using content that requires speed. Showing a browser window (say CNN.com) with a video running will get you that jerky only one frame in several.
You May Also Like
Casio XJ-UT310WN Ultra Short Throw Projector Review
Optoma HD141X Projector Review
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
BenQ HT1075 Projector Review
Vapex ProjectoScreen 120HD Screen Review
Epson Pro Cinema LS10000 Laser Home Theater Projector – Review
NEC NP-L102W Projector Review
LG PF85U LED Projector – Review