LED Projector Review - LG HX300G Microportable Projector
10/01/2010 - Anthony Arrigo
LG LED Pico Projector - Overview
LG's offering into the microportable category of LED projectors is the HX300G. It is a rather unique projector with some unexpected features. The HX300G is a native XGA projector (1024x768 pixels) that has a specified lumen rating of 270. The HX300G doesn't exactly qualify as a Pico because of it size, but also because it does not contain an independant power source like a battery.
The projector features an internal sound system that consists of a 1 watt speaker, but what is truly interesting about this projector is its ability to transmit sound to your FM radio receiver by broadcasting it from the projector.
The control panel on this unit is well laid out and the menu system is maybe one of the most impressive I have seen of any class of projector. In our product tour section we will be taking a lot closer look at some of the menu screens. As mentioned, the control panel is well laid out, just your basic left, right, up, down disc with the Enter button in the middle. This however is really all you need to get around to the various settings.
The LG HX300G is also really capable in terms of all the signal types it can receive. It will be able to accept HDMI video, Component video and standard definition video. And of course there is an input for a VGA signal so you can present from your laptop. It really is an all around full featured projector in a really micro package. Continue reading and check out some of the highlights, specs and special features. Then we will take a much closer look at all the features of the LG HX300G.
LG HX300G Projector Highlights
- Ability to play a wide array of media by loading files into internal memory.
- Onboard media player so you can decode AVI, ASF, WMV and MPG files. As well as MP3, WAV and AAC files.
- Can display JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP images.
- Can read document formats like DOC, XLS, PPT and PDF’s
- With additional accessories you can connect Apple iphones and ipods. Also you can connect Microsoft Zune, Sony Playstation Portable and other devices.
- Battery lasts up to 1.5 hours
- Largest screen size is 100 inches when projector is 108 inches from screen
Specs for LG HX300G LED Projector
- MSRP: $799
- Technology: LED light technology
- Native Resolution: XGA (1024x768)
- Brightness: 270 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Lens: Fixed lens with focus adjustment
- Lamp Life: 30,000 hours
- Dimensions: 160 X 135.5 X 139.2 (mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (0.77kg)
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90 Days on Battery
LG HX300G Special Features
FM Audion Transmission
With the FM Transmitter you can take your audio source that is plugged into the projector and broadcast it to a nearby stereo. Just tune into the two provided radio station identifiers and you are wirelessly sending your sound to a better sound system.
The HX300G comes with a mini tripod and can easily mount to any tripod should you need to.
LED Light Technology
With LED light technology as your way of projection, you will experience lamp life in the range of 30,000 hours. Unbelievable!
Supports HD and is XGA
This microportable not only is able to produce a very nice image from your typical HD movie player like a Blu-Ray, but is also XGA so you can easily present spreadsheets and other office documents that might be viewed for long periods of time. Really reduces the eye fatigue that can sometimes be a problem when you looked at projected images for a long time.