Mitsubishi WD510U WXGA DLP Multimedia Projector Review
A summary of the Mitsubishi WD510U projector’s pros, cons.
9-10-09 -Mike Rollett
Mitsubishi WD510U Projector: Bottom Line
The WD510U provides a solid combination of high brightness and a very sharp image in a small package that is easy to move and set up. It is well suited for presentation of text and intricate line graphs that require a sharp image for readability. While it does a decent job with photographic images and video, it needs to be in one of the lower lumen output modes to provide the most accurate color balance. If your needs run toward a bright image with well saturated colors, the LCD competition (like the Epson Powerlite 1700 series) is probably where you should look.
It was somewhat disappointing that the WD510U does not have any networking abilities. Networking, especially wireless networking, is becoming a convenience standard on many of today’s multimedia projectors, even in this price range.
Nonetheless, the Mitsubishi WD510U offers a lot of value to the classroom or conference room where high brightness and the ability to accept nearly any resolution and display it with a sharp, crisp picture is paramount.
Mitsubishi WD510U Projector: Pros, Cons, and Typical Capabilities
Mitsubishi WD510U Projector: Pros
- Good brightness, right at its 2600 lumen rating
- Sharp and artifact-free image with any resolution
- Excellent lamp warranty
- Very good general warranty and support via its Emergency Replacement Assistance program
- If mounted, lamp can be changed without unmounting the projector
- No dust filter to clean or replace
- Can be projected on a variety of different colored surfaces.
Mitsubishi WD510U Projector: Cons
- No networking ability
- Somewhat noisy in Standard lamp mode
- Primary colors are a bit dark in the brighter modes
You May Also Like
Ask Proxima E1655U LCD Projector Review
ViewSonic PJD6544w Projector Review
Epson VS335W Projector Review
JVC DLA-RS4910, DLA-RS49, DLA-X500R Projector Review
DVDO Air3 Wireless HDMI Transmitter
Asus P2B Pocket Projector Review
Epson EX5230 Portable Projector Review
Sony VPL-HW55ES Projector vs. Epson HC5030UB Projector