Optoma HD8600 Projector Review
- Very sharp image (typical of a good DLP projector with quality optics), with a sharper overall image than any of the LCD or LCoS projectors
- Excellent color, post calibration, especially skin tones which tend to almost always look really believable
- Good, albeit warm color, out of the box. You’ll want this projector calibrated (or try our settings), to get the most out of it.
- Definitely above average brightness in “brightest” mode, when you need it. And it does pretty impressive color, in that “brightest” mode.
- Significantly brighter than average in “best” modes with about 700 lumens output – not the very brightest out there, but plenty of lumens for larger screens, and brighter than most. Only a few projectors have beat it in the last year.
- This DLP projector minimizes the rainbow effect (RBE). I’m sensitive, and rarely noticed it at all. As good as any other DLP projector I’ve encountered, in this regard. With this projector, I wouldn’t even consider RBE to be an issue for me, thus not mentioned under “Cons”
- Manual iris allows you to dial down brightness for smaller screen, which in turn increases contrast and black level performance slightly
- Very good shadow detail performance
- Black level performance is extremely good. The dynamic iris and general capabilities combine to qualify this as a “ultra-high contrast” projector
- Three HDMI 1.3b inputs – one more than most, full support for 24 fps, Deep Color, CEC, etc.
- Offers creative frame interpolation with some types of source material
- Good layout on the remote control, and a very good backlight with easily readable buttons
- Very good placement flexibility due to choice of three lenses – standard and long zooms, and an extremely short throw fixed lens. Good, though not exceptional lens shift range
- Two screen triggers, support for anamorphic lens
- Very good menus
- Warranty is definitely better than most
- A serious competitor, to say the least, and, for those particularly fond of DLP’s: The best combination of brightness, black levels and color accuracy of any DLP reviewed in the last year and change
You May Also Like
ViewSonic PJD6544w Projector Review
Epson VS335W Projector Review
JVC DLA-RS4910, DLA-RS49, DLA-X500R Projector Review
DVDO Air3 Wireless HDMI Transmitter
Asus P2B Pocket Projector Review
Epson EX5230 Portable Business Projector Review
Sony VPL-HW55ES Projector vs. Epson HC5030UB Projector
Epson PowerLite 99W 3LCD Projector Review