Comments by Projector Reviews staff:
Epson has added 3 new high performance projectors, the D6000 series, targeted for the higher education market. They offer high brightness, low maintenance and low cost of ownership (with a 5000 hour lamp). These new models will be available in April and should have an estimated street price of only $1649 (D6150), $1799 (D6155W) and $1799 (D6250), making them a great option for the classroom/lecture hall.
Epson Introduces High Performance PowerLite D6000 Series Projectors for Higher Education
Epson PowerLite D6150, D6155W, and D6250 Deliver High Brightness,
Connectivity, Advanced Networking, and Dust Resistant Design
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 18, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the new Epson PowerLite® D6000 series line of robust projectors for higher education. The PowerLite D6150, D6155W and D6250 offer high brightness and exceptional picture quality with a dust resistant design, a 10,000 hour2 electrostatic filter and lamp life of 5,000 hours3 for a low total cost of ownership. These projectors also deliver cutting-edge connectivity, advanced networking functions, and easy setup features.
“Epson remains committed to educators and students by creating projectors that not only deliver cutting-edge technology and network offerings, but are also built to perform and last,” said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Epson America. “The new PowerLite D6000 series projectors feature our most innovative dust resistant design, including a sealed body preventing air from entering the unit except through the filter, and exhaust vent shutters that help prevent dust and bugs from entering when the unit is off.”
The Epson PowerLite D6150 delivers 3,500 lumens of color and white light output4 with XGA resolution. The PowerLite D6155W offers 3,500 lumens of color and white light output with WXGA resolution for widescreen content. And the PowerLite D6250 features 4,000 lumens of color and white light output with XGA resolution.
More about the Epson PowerLite D6000 series
The Epson PowerLite D6150, D6155W and D6250 deliver several features making it ideal for higher education use, including:
- Robust Design: Dust resistant design and exhaust vent shutters make projectors ideal for dusty environments; electrostatic filter with 10,000 hour life and lamp life of up to 5,000 hours using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology provide for a low total cost of ownership; cable cover protects connectors from dust and prevents tampering
- Advanced Connectivity: HDMI delivers high-quality digital video and audio; USB Plug ‘n Play transfers image, sound and mouse control via a single cable; PC-free Presentation offers PC-less access to USB memory devices; and optional wireless connection allows for peer-to-peer presentations as well as advanced wireless networking
- Split Screen: Gives presentation flexibility with two side-by-side windows from two input sources with three layout options; and allows for videos or presentations run simultaneously on both windows
- Networking Capabilities: Projectors can be connected to a network via RJ45 or optional wireless LAN module and run EasyMP® software for remote monitoring and controlling of the projector, as well as message broadcasting of up to 1,024 networked Epson projectors and remote presentations on up to four remote projectors
- Crestron RoomView Enabled: Ready to work with RoomView software for remote monitorand control without the need for an A/V control box
- Image Adjustment: Horizontal keystone squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen; Quick Corner® allows any four corners of an image to be adjusted independently for a perfectly rectangular picture
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for larger images from shorter throw distances without sacrificing image quality
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness5
Epson also offers a Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite D6150 ($1,649*), D6155W ($1,799*), and D6250 ($1,799*) will be available in April 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q3 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
2 Recommendation based on normal room conditions. Cleaning requirements may vary depending on use, environment and other condition. Cleaning intervals may be adjusted to accommodate the environment in which the projector is used.
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
5 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, E-TORL, EasyMP, and Quick Corner are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, PrivateLine and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.