Comments by Projector Reviews staff:
The new PowerLite X9 is designed for the education market, with a low cost of operation (lamp life of 5000 hours in eco-mode) and excellent 2 year warranty (including overnight replacement). Epson touts the projector’s easy set up and plug-n-play operation for the classroom too! Click here for more information http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/powerlite-x9/specifications-id2588.php
Epson Introduces the PowerLite X9 – Bright and Easy-to-Use Projector for Education
PowerLite X9 Delivers 2,500 Lumens, XGA Resolution and Versatile Connectivity at Affordable Price Point
AUSTIN, Texas (TCEA, Booth #2339) – Feb. 9, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the PowerLite X9, delivering bright and powerful projection to education for $599*. This new projector offers 2,500 lumens color and white light output2 and XGA resolution for detailed, bright presentations in classrooms as well as small to medium sized conference rooms.
“While education budgets continue to shrink, we recognize there is still a need for advanced and reliable technology in the classroom,” said Sara Kim, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “The PowerLite X9 provides classrooms with brightness, sharp image quality and convenient connectivity that won’t break the bank.”
More about the PowerLite X9
The PowerLite X9 delivers several convenient features for the classroom and boardroom, including:
- USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Versatile Connectivity: Audio out port helps classrooms connect to external speakers to enhance the sound of presentations; monitor out port helps classrooms connect to external monitors to help the teacher stay focused during a lesson or presentation
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient setup in multiple classroom settings
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- Compact: Lightweight design and compact form factor make it easily portable from classroom to classroom
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite X9 will be available in April 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in two business days. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q4 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
2 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, E-TORL, and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, PrivateLine and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.