Comments by Projector Reviews staff:
Just in time for the educational buying season, Epson introduces a new low-cost (MSRP $599) projector, the PowerLite X15, the newest in a long line of budget-friendly projectors, designed with K-12 classrooms in mind. We expect it will be a great choice for small business conference rooms too! Read on for more information from Epson.
EPSON PowerLite X15 Projector Delivers Brilliant Images and Future-Ready Connectivity at an Affordable Price
At $599, PowerLite X15 Delivers 3,000 Lumens and XGA Resolution for Small to Medium-Sized Classrooms and Conference Rooms
LONG BEACH, Calif. – April 10, 2012 – Epson America, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the EPSON® PowerLite® X15, delivering bright images and advanced connectivity to small- and medium-sized classrooms and conference rooms for $599*. Replacing the popular PowerLite 92, this new projector offers 3,000 lumens color and white light output2, XGA resolution and advanced connectivity for today’s budget conscious schools and small businesses.
The PowerLite X15 delivers an advanced feature set, including HDMI digital connectivity to connect to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio. The projector also features USB Plug ‘n Play for instantly projecting video and audio from a PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection. In addition, the projector offers easy setup with Easy-Slide technology, an intuitive horizontal keystone adjustment slide control bar that allows teachers to place the projector off-center from the screen and easily make the necessary horizontal image adjustments with the touch of a finger.
“The PowerLite X15 delivers a huge bang for the buck,” said Heather Litus Johnston, product manager, K-12 Projection Marketing, Epson America, Inc. “Designed with education in mind, the PowerLite X15 offers brightness, connectivity, reliability, and ease-of-use at a very affordable price – making it easy to enhance any classroom with high quality imaging.”
More about the PowerLite X15
The EPSON PowerLite X15 offers several convenient setup and operation features for the classroom, including:
- Setup Flexibility: +30 degree horizontal keystone slide and automatic vertical keystone correction provides easy and convenient setup in virtually any classroom setting; Quick Corner® allows the four corners of an image to be moved independently for a perfectly rectangular image; 1.2x optical zoom provides flexibility to suit the space without sacrificing image quality
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On and Instant Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy and helping to save costs
- Advanced Connectivity: Connect directly to the EPSON DC-06 document camera for added versatility via USB or multiple computers via the two VGA ports; audio out and monitor out ports connect to external speakers and monitors for enhanced sound and presenting ease; RS-232c support offers connection to an AV control device
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to students with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all EPSON projectors.
Availability and Support
The EPSON PowerLite X15 will be available in May 2012 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit: http://global.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q3 2011 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2012. Average of 1,122 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: EPSON, E-TORL, Instant Off, PowerLite, and Quick Corner are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.