I got started on it tonight. I pulled off all the vinyl on the sides and started on the front. I need to remove the coin doors and the security bar before I finish that up. It took a couple of hours altogether, with the help of a heat gun and scraper. I have also removed the marquee, and the new joysticks and buttons are on their way. I ended up purchasing these, except I went with black joysticks:
This is the cabinet after stripping the vinyl and removal of the marquee.
I am trying to pick up new hobbies here and there. The newest one is arcade cabinet restoration. I have wanted to own one of these things since 1992, and it has finally become a reality for me. This will be a record of my progress for this restoration, I am also restoring a Konami arcade cabinet (you can see it in some of the pictures) after this one. I will post pictures of it before, during and after the restoration. This will most likely take me months, since I don’t have a whole lot of free time. When I am done it will be back to the original red color. I have the controls on order, and already have the new marquee. I just need new plexiglass for the screen, new monitor bezel and new control panel overlay. Below are pictures of the current condition of the cabinet.