Epson Home Cinema 5030UB Projector Video Overview
A short 4-minute video overview of the Epson Home Cinema 5030UB home theater projector.
Check out the full review here.
Epson Home Cinema 5030UB Projector
When the Home Cinema 5030UB was the object of a full-length review, it received our Hot Product Award. The full review goes into all the details but here are a few basics.
Epson Home Cinema 5030UB Highlights
- Multiple 2D and 3D modes with best in class brightness in both 2D and 3D
- THX mode for good looking color, right out of the box (there’s a 3D THX mode too)
- Ultra-high contrast for excellent black level performance
- 2400 lumens claimed at brightest suitable for family room / media rooms, etc.
- Expect 600 – 700 lumens calibrated enough for large (120-130″) screens in home theater setups
- Newly improved 2.1:1 Fujinon manual zoom lens with lots of vertical and horizontal lens shift
- Very long life lamp, reasonably priced replacement lamps
- 3D glasses are RF and rechargeable, 3rd party glasses available
- Super-Resolution – Epson’s dynamic detail enhancement feature
- Great warranty and support programs
- Comes with 2 pair of 3D glasses, a spare lamp, and a ceiling mount
Basic Specs for Epson Home Cinema 5030UB
- Price: $2599 MAP including 2 pair 3D glasses
- Technology: 3LCD
- Native Resolution: 1920×1080
- Brightness (Manufacturer Claim): 2400
- Contrast: 320000:1
- Zoom Lens Ratio: 2.10:1
- Lens Shift: Yes
- Lamp Life: 4000 hours / 5000 hours
- Weight: 18.4
- Warranty: 2 years w/overnight replacement
From the Editor: This video was created as an overview of the original, full, in-depth projector review of the Home Cinema 5030UB. It was directed and scripted by Lisa Feierman, and features Art Feierman, editor of ProjectorReviews.com
Videos that are part of the Projector Reviews TV channel are created by Projector Reviews Inc. If we review a projector and it wins one of our awards, it becomes eligible for a video summary. Of course, we can only do a limited number of these videos. In some cases, we will choose a projector review to do a video of. In other cases, a request may come from the manufacturer. As we do with the rest of the content on our website, we offer manufacturers Permissions.
With these paid Permissions, manufacturers can post these videos on their own websites, pass them out to their dealers, and use them for other promotional purposes including trade shows and point-of-sale displays in retail stores. These videos are very short versions of the full review. In just a few minutes worth of video we can’t begin to capture all the information in the review, so we call this a video summary.
If this video is positive and enthusiastic about the projector, is simply because the review itself was positive and enthusiastic. We try to make the videos more fun, a bit less dry, with far less technical detail. Enjoy, but also visit the full review for more depth, even the settings that work best. Thanks! -art