Epson Pro Cinema G6900WU Projector Video Overview
A short 6-minute video overview of the Epson Pro Cinema G6900WU projector.
Check out the full review here.
The Epson Pro Cinema G6900WU
When the Epson Pro Cinema G6900WU was the object of a full-length review, it received our Hot Product Award. The full review goes into all the details but here are a few basics.
Epson Pro Cinema G6900WU Highlights
- Extremely bright – with almost 6000 lumens (white and color)
- Maximum native resolution: WUXGA 1920 x 1200, which means native 1080p as well
- Excellent placement flexibility – extensive lens shift and six different lenses (lenses are quick install/release
- Relatively compact, and light projector, relative to its brightness and features
- Split Screen (two equal sized images, or one larger than the other) offer many possibilities
- HDBaseT (HDBT) and SDI for running long distances from Hi-Def, and live video sources. Could useful in the home. I would use HD-SDI if I went with this model
- Some networking features beneficial, including presenting over IP
- Networking allows easy interfacing to a home network
- Supports display of up to four computers simultaneously (family computing night?) a network feature
- Very good color performance, right out of the box, 6000 color lumens, as well as 6000 white ones
- Full color management system allows for accurate calibration!
- Multiple Audio inputs, and an audio out, so projector remote can control audio
- Excellent four year warranty, replacement, and support programs
- Two projectors can be stacked for double the power, or passive 3D
- Edge blending – not normally something needed at home, unless you have an at home gallery, or other art displays
- Eco friendly manages all those 6000 lumens with only a 380 watt lamp. (many 1500 lumen projectors have 250 or higher wattage lamps)
- Crestron Connect and AMX compatible – great if you have home automation
- Overall, very good price/performance
Epson Pro Cinema G6900WU Specifications
- Price: $7499
- Technology: 3LCD
- Native Resolution: WUXGA (1920×1200)
- Brightness (Manufacturer Claim): 6000
- Contrast: 5000:1
- Zoom Lens Ratio: 1.8:1
- Lens Shift: Yes
- Lamp Life: 2000 hours, 4000 in Eco
- Weight: 21.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 4 Years Parts and Labor, with 4 Year rapid replacement program
From the Editor: This video was created as an overview of the original, full, in-depth projector review of the Pro Cinema G6900WU. It was directed and scripted by Lisa Feierman, and features Art Feierman, editor of ProjectorReviews.com
Videos that are part of the Projector Reviews TV channel are created by Projector Reviews Inc. If we review a projector and it wins one of our awards, it becomes eligible for a video summary. Of course, we can only do a limited number of these videos. In some cases, we will choose a projector review to do a video of. In other cases, a request may come from the manufacturer. As we do with the rest of the content on our website, we offer manufacturers Permissions.
With these paid Permissions, manufacturers can post these videos on their own websites, pass them out to their dealers, and use them for other promotional purposes including trade shows and point-of-sale displays in retail stores. These videos are very short versions of the full review. In just a few minutes worth of video we can’t begin to capture all the information in the review, so we call this a video summary.
If this video is positive and enthusiastic about the projector, is simply because the review itself was positive and enthusiastic. We try to make the videos more fun, a bit less dry, with far less technical detail. Enjoy, but also visit the full review for more depth, even the settings that work best. Thanks! -art