Epson Powerlite W6 3LCD Projector
The Epson W6 provides a lot for its relatively low price. The quality of its scaling/resizing of higher resolutions exceeds that of many more expensive multimedia projectors. The connectivity options via USB and HDMI are also welcome features not normally found in this price range.
While some of the DLP competitors in this price range may provide greater brightness, sharpness or lower weight, the color reproduction of the W6 is much better than the DLP competition in this price range.
The W6 comes with a travel bag that holds the projector and all of its cables and accessories. With its HDMI input and built-in speaker, it can provide single cable solution to a video presentation. It can also be permanently mounted, while maintaining easy access to controls and the air filter.
Overall, the W6 is a nice, low cost solution for the classroom or conference room. It can also double as a home theater projector in a pinch. Add in Epson’s excellent Road Service replacement plan and technical support and it’s hard to beat.
Powerlite W6 Projector: Pros
- Good brightness, almost 2000 lumens
- Excellent overall image with native resolution or lower and very good color accuracy
- Lightweight – 6.2 lbs.
- Great warranty and support via Road Service program and PrivateLine toll-free support
- Quick power up and can be unplugged immediately after powered down
- Ability to display presentations without a computer via a USB storage device
- On board interactive help
- If mounted, the filter (and usually the lamp) can be changed without unmounting the projector
- USB and HDMI inputs
- Decent audio output capability with volume controlled by the remote
Powerlite W6 Projector: Cons
- Limited zoom (1.2:1)
- No networking capability
- Remote has too many buttons the same size
- Like most LCD projectors, has dust filter that must be maintained, unlike the most of the DLP competition
- Full user manual provided only on disc
- Automatic iris does little to improve black levels Full user manual provided only on disc
You May Also Like
ViewSonic PJD6544w Projector Review
Epson VS335W Projector Review
JVC DLA-RS4910, DLA-RS49, DLA-X500R Projector Review
DVDO Air3 Wireless HDMI Transmitter
Asus P2B Pocket Projector Review
Epson EX5230 Portable Business Projector Review
Sony VPL-HW55ES Projector vs. Epson HC5030UB Projector
Epson PowerLite 99W 3LCD Projector Review