Sanyo PLV-Z700 1080p 3LCD Home Theater Projector Review
Sanyo PLV-Z700 Projector Highlights
- Solid overall performance for an entry level 1080p projector
- Decent black level performance, but not a match for most “non-entry level” 1080p projectors
- Very good shadow detail
- Dual iris, lots of special modes to enhance black levels, gamma, etc.
- Average brightness in “best” mode – Creative Cinema
- Excellent placement flexibility
- A very quiet projector in terms of fan noise
- Perhaps the most affordable 1080p projector
- Warranty longer than most – 3 years
- First official under $2000 MSRP 1080p projector to ship
HD image above, from Blu-ray DVE-HD calibration disc demo materials
The PLV-700 is now Sanyo’s entry level 1080p home theater projector. Last year Sanyo had but one 1080p model for the home, and that’s the PLV-Z2000. This year, Sanyo goes with the low cost PLV-Z700, and a higher end PLV-Z3000 which will, technically, replace the PLV-Z2000.
On paper, the PLV-Z700 sports a lower contrast ratio, than the older Z2000, at a lower price, and black level performance seems to reflect that, but, as indicated above, there were some surprises. Expect the PLV-Z700 to sell for less than the older PLV-Z2000, as rumor of rebates are floating around already.
Above, also from the DVE-HD demo disc.
Sanyo PLV-Z700 Projector: Basic Specifications
Click here for full specs, and access to the Sanyo PLV-Z700 projector brochure.
Native Resolution: 1080p (1920×1080)
Brightness: 1200 lumens
Zoom Lens ratio: 2:1
Lens shift: Vertical and horizontal
Lamp life: Sanyo does not provide lamp life specs. Most projectors offer 2000 hours at full power, and 3000 hours in eco-mode (low lamp)
Weight: 11 lbs. (4.9 Kg)
Warranty: 3 Years Parts and Labor
You May Also Like
Optoma HD161X Home Theater Projector Review
Epson PowerLite 1985WU Projector Review
Subscriber-Only Content Directory
ViewSonic PLED-W800 LED Projector Review
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
DVDO Air3C Pro Wireless HDMI Device – A Review
Panasonic PT-RZ670BU Projector Review