Sanyo PLV-Z700 1080p 3LCD Home Theater Projector Review
Sanyo PLV-Z700 Projector Highlights
- Solid overall performance for an entry level 1080p projector
- Decent black level performance, but not a match for most “non-entry level” 1080p projectors
- Very good shadow detail
- Dual iris, lots of special modes to enhance black levels, gamma, etc.
- Average brightness in “best” mode – Creative Cinema
- Excellent placement flexibility
- A very quiet projector in terms of fan noise
- Perhaps the most affordable 1080p projector
- Warranty longer than most – 3 years
- First official under $2000 MSRP 1080p projector to ship
HD image above, from Blu-ray DVE-HD calibration disc demo materials
The PLV-700 is now Sanyo’s entry level 1080p home theater projector. Last year Sanyo had but one 1080p model for the home, and that’s the PLV-Z2000. This year, Sanyo goes with the low cost PLV-Z700, and a higher end PLV-Z3000 which will, technically, replace the PLV-Z2000.
On paper, the PLV-Z700 sports a lower contrast ratio, than the older Z2000, at a lower price, and black level performance seems to reflect that, but, as indicated above, there were some surprises. Expect the PLV-Z700 to sell for less than the older PLV-Z2000, as rumor of rebates are floating around already.
Above, also from the DVE-HD demo disc.
Sanyo PLV-Z700 Projector: Basic Specifications
Click here for full specs, and access to the Sanyo PLV-Z700 projector brochure.
Native Resolution: 1080p (1920×1080)
Brightness: 1200 lumens
Zoom Lens ratio: 2:1
Lens shift: Vertical and horizontal
Lamp life: Sanyo does not provide lamp life specs. Most projectors offer 2000 hours at full power, and 3000 hours in eco-mode (low lamp)
Weight: 11 lbs. (4.9 Kg)
Warranty: 3 Years Parts and Labor
You May Also Like
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
Epson Powerlite Pro L1500, L1505 Laser Projector Review
BenQ SU931 Large Venue Projector Review
Subscriber-Only Content Directory
Casio Ecolite XJ-V110W – A Value LED/Laser Projector – Review
Epson PowerLite W29 Projector Review
Canon REALiS WUX450ST Projector Review