Sony VPL-VW90ES Projector Review
|Sony VPL-VW90ES Specs|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||1000|
|Zoom Lens Ratio|
|Lamp Life||Sony does not provide info, we assume 2000 hours at full power|
|View Full Specifications Here >>|
This projector review is of Sony’s new VPL-WV90ES, their first, and top of the line 3D home theatre projector. The ES in the VPL-VW90ES is the designation for the top of the line series in Sony products – their top of the line AV receiver line, LCDTVs, etc. all end in ES.
It is, as expected, an excellent 2D projector, and there’s lots to discuss about 3D as well. We loved the improvements in the far less expensive Pro1, when we reviewed it in December (2D only). Let’s see if the Sony VW90ES impresses as well.
Sony VPL-VW90ES Projector Highlights
- A modest increase in brightness, compared to last year’s VW85
- Brighter than average in “best mode”
- Excellent post calibration color,
- “Out of the box” color could be significantly improved,
- An ultra high contrast projector – very good black levels (though there are better), it still trails a few projectors that are legendary for their great blacks.
- Zoom lens is relatively short thow, may not work shelf mounted in deep rooms, or in typical rooms with small to medium sized screens, best ceiling mounted
- Adjustable vertical and horizontal lens shift
- Sony’s dynamic iris is nicely smooth, even in the more “active” of two modes. Rarely dectectable during normal viewing. One of the better ones
- Pricey, but you get 3D (and other improvements) for the extra $2000 more than last year’s projector.
- Supports an anamorphic lens, with or without sled.
You May Also Like
Ask Proxima C3327W-A LCD Projector Review
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
Epson EX5230 Portable Projector Review
BenQ W1080ST Home Theater Projector Review
Epson Pro Cinema 6020 UB Home Theater Projector Review
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Epson Home Cinema 5030 UB Home Theater Projector Review
Optoma HD91 Home Theater Projector Review