Comments by Projector Reviews staff:
Offering excellent placement flexibility and long-life lamps (up to 6,000 hours) with lots of lumens, at an attractive price, the new Epson PowerLite 420, 425W, 430 and 435W projectors are great new alternatives for the K-12 classroom. Read on for more information from Epson!
Epson Announces Four Bright and Powerful Short Throw Projectors and New Interactive Module for K-12 Classrooms
Epson PowerLite 420, 425W, 430 and 435W and BrightLink Solo 3 Offer Affordable and Advanced Technology for Creative Teaching
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 5, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the Epson® PowerLite® 420, 425W, 430, and 435W, four bright and affordable short throw projectors, and BrightLink Solo 3, a new optional interactive module that makes any flat projection surface interactive at an affordable price ($499*). Starting at $949*, the new projectors are designed for the K-12 classroom and deliver rich and comprehensive connectivity, premium image quality and flexibility in both their installation and compatibility with BrightLink Solo 3.
“Not every classroom’s needs are the same, so schools require flexible projector solutions that can be installed in multiple ways and offer a range of connectivity features and future proofing options, while still being affordable,” said Sara Kim, associate product manager, Epson America. “The PowerLite 420, 425W, 430, and 435W short throw projectors can be paired with Epson’s short throw wall mount or a universal ceiling mount, which can both be used with BrightLink Solo 3 when interactivity is required, for a cost effective solution for teachers wishing to reduce shadow interference and glare, while projecting large lessons with the finest details.”
The PowerLite 420 ($949*), 425W ($1,049*), 430 ($1,049*), and 435W ($1,149*) are ideal projector solutions for teachers in need of a wall or ceiling mounted short throw projector or to place on the front of a table to use with their standard dry erase or interactive whiteboard. The PowerLite 430 and 435W deliver 3,000 lumens color and white light output2 and the PowerLite 420 and 425W deliver 2,500 lumens color and white light output. The PowerLite 420 and 430 offer XGA resolution and can project 4:3 content up to 106-inches diagonal, while the PowerLite 425W and 435W deliver WXGA resolution for widescreen content and can project a 16:10 image up to 113-inches diagonal.
All four models offer comprehensive connectivity features ideal for current and future classroom configurations, including HDMI digital connectivity to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio. They also offer RJ-45 network connectivity to allow teachers to present lessons with both audio and video over the Local Area Network (LAN). Network connectivity also allows IT managers to monitor and control networked projectors remotely which helps save costs, as well as broadcast messages such as school procedures or events to all projectors on the network. The projectors also offer 3-in-1 USB Plug ‘n Play, for instantly projecting video with audio, while also allowing control of the presentation via remote control, from a PC or Mac® computer via a single USB connection.
The PowerLite 420, 425W, 430, and 435W are ideal solutions for schools needing a projector that can accommodate a range of set-up configurations. The optional wall mount features a convenient and flexible installation, with vertical and horizontal adjustments for easy image alignment.
Teachers can also incorporate interactivity into their lessons with the optional BrightLink Solo 3, allowing schools to outfit more classrooms with interactivity at a fraction of the price of an interactive whiteboard. The BrightLink Solo 3 easily connects to the projector mounting plate included with the optional Epson short throw wall mount, or sold separately for use with the universal ceiling mount, and transforms virtually any flat wall or whiteboard into a large interactive learning area.
More about the PowerLite 420, 425W, 430 and 435W
The PowerLite 420, 425W, 430, and 435W provide several convenient and advanced features to improve setup and operation in the classroom, including:
- Increased Communication: Powerful internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance; a convenient microphone input is also included for voice amplification through the projector’s built-in speakers
- Higher Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- Expanded Connectivity: PC-Free slideshows offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer; projectors can also be directly connected to the Epson DC-06 document camera for added versatility; audio out and monitor out ports help classrooms connect to external speakers and monitors; wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module
- Setup Flexibility: +15 degree horizontal and vertical keystone correction provides easy and convenient setup in virtually any classroom setting, allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image; Quick Corner® allows the four corners of an image to be moved independently for a perfectly rectangular image
- Built-in Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates with the option of customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on the board
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only seven seconds; A/V Mute instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy and helping to save costs
- High Density Filter: This filter covers eight times the surface area of previous generation filters for even more protection against dust; includes an extended recommended filter cleaning schedule of up to 5,000 hours4
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness5
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 420, 425W, 430, and 435W will be available in late November 2011 and BrightLink Solo 3 will be available in early December 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. The BrightLink Solo 3 also comes with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) with product exchange in two business days. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 75,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price. Actual prices may vary.
1 Based upon Q1 2011 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Recommendation based on normal room conditions. Cleaning intervals or requirements may vary depending on use, environment and other conditions.
Note: Epson, E-TORL and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks and BrightLink is a trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.