Epson BrightLink 436Wi Interactive LCD Projector Review
A summary of the BrightLink 436Wi projector and a list of this Epson projector’s pros and cons.
Epson BrightLink 436Wi Projector: Bottom Line
The Epson BrightLink 436Wi was a strong performer in the area of interactivity, picture quality and ease of use. Although it might not seem as featureful as some of the interactive projectors on the market, it makes up for it in a big way because of the ability to learn it quickly, and take advantage of the unusual ability to still annotate without a computer hooked up to the projector.
Being a 1280×800 native resolution projector, the 436Wi produced a sharp image, and it handled higher resolutions very well. Color reproduction was excellent. Yellows and reds were very accurate. Brightness levels were very close to the Epson’s specifications, so you can expect to see a strong image in even the brightest of rooms. I should note that Dynamic Mode produced the 3002 lumens, but Presentation Mode is where you will want to be set to for everyday use. You should expect about 2100 lumens when in Normal brightness mode and Presentation color mode.
The Epson 436Wi is also a ultra-short throw projector. This makes it ideal for annotation on a whiteboard. Mounting the projector just inches from the screen provides you a large image and little to no shadow while you write on the board. The projector is capable of receiving just about every type of signal you can throw at it. The input panel is very rich. If you are reading this review out of order take a look at our Physical Tour for a more comprehensive look at this unit.
In conclusion, the Epson BrightLink 436Wi is a good choice for those looking for an affordable interactive projector that is easy to use and reliable. MSRP right now is $1490. When you consider how easy it is to get up and running quickly, along with the warranty and peace of mind that Epson provides in its customer service, the 436Wi is going to be a projector to give strong consideration.
Epson BrightLink 436Wi Projector: Pros, Cons
Epson BrightLink 436Wi Projector: Pros
- 3000 rated lumens and produced 3002 in projectors brightest mode
- Is interactive with a laptop or without
- MAC and Windows compatible
- Interactivity is not restricted to just VGA input. Can be used with HDMI and other sources
- Interactive tools are built-in and also a software suite is included to provide even more functionality
- A full suite of inputs and outputs making it capable of just about anything
- Lens is complete enclosed in clear housing
- Excellent pricing on lamps for Epson Brighter Future customers
- Achieves a large image from such a short distance from the screen
Epson BrightLink 436Wi Projector: Cons
- A few educators in the science and mathematics area, might find the interactivity and software tools limiting out of the box. Although, I am sure functionality could be expanded, with other software tools
- Lamp and filters will need to be figured into the cost of ownership
You May Also Like
Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Home Theater Projector
Epson Pro Cinema G6900 WU Home Theater Projector
NEC NP-UM330W Ultra Short Throw Projector Review
Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector Review
Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD Projector Review
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Acer K335 LED Portable Projector Review
Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector Review