Epson Powerlite 826W 3LCD Projector Review
|Epson PowerLite 826W Specs|
|Native Resolution||WXGA (1280x800)|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||2500|
|Zoom Lens Ratio||1.60:1|
Epson Powerlite 826W Projector Overview
The Epson Powerlite 826W is a portable widescreen WXGA (1280 X 800) LCD projector that is likely to find a place in many classrooms or conference rooms. The 826W is very versatile in that it can display via USB input from a computer and it can also display photo (JPEG format) slideshows directly from a USB thumb drive. With an optional wireless network module, it can display from networked computers. In addition, it has a built-in 10-watt speaker that provides an acceptable sound level for most classrooms. A microphone jack enables the presenter to make use of the built-in speaker, making the 826W an all-in-one solution for many presentations. It has specified output of 2500 lumens with a high life lamp, a 1.6 zoom lens and digital zooming, as well as automatic keystone correction for quick setup. It can also be permanently mounted, while still maintaining good access to controls and the air filter.
We previously reviewed the Epson 1735W and W6 projectors, which, like the 826W, are both WXGA 3LCD projectors. The W6 is rated at 2000 lumens and doesn’t have network capability, while the 1735W is a step up in brightness (3000 lumens) and has the same wired and wireless network capability. The 826W fits right in the middle of those two and has very similar performance.
The 826W’s lightweight (7 lbs.) and size enhances portability. It also comes with a travel bag that holds the projector, remote and any accessory cables for easy transport.
Epson Powerlite 826W Projector Highlights
- Lightweight – 7.0 lbs.
- High Brightness – 2500 lumens
- Plug ‘n Play — USB connection projects video and plays audio from a PC
- Wired or wireless (optional) network projection capability
- Built-in 10W speaker for usable sound in classrooms
- E-TORL lamp provides up to 6000 hours lamp life
- USB drive projection capability – JPEG slideshows (including those converted from Powerpoint) can be done without a computer from a USB thumb drive
- Rapid Power up and nearly instant shut off
Epson Powerlite 826W Special Features
EasyMP – Short for Epson Administrative System for Meeting and Presentation, EasyMP allows for flexibility in presentations with such features as follows:
- Slideshow (which allows you present a series of JPEGs stored on a USB storage device)
- Multi-Screen Display (which allows connection to up to 4 projectors for a wide spreadsheet or flowchart).
- Presentation Mode (which allows for display of PowerPoint or Keynote slide shows)
- Distribution Function (which allows for display from a remote computer to up to 4 projectors on the network)
- Switching Function (which allows for other computers on the network to take turns projecting their own images)
Email Notification - When using the networking ability of the 826W, either wired or wireless, it can be set to notify the owner of the projector status, reminders or any problems via email.
You May Also Like
Four Home Theater Projector Comparison
Subscriber-Only Content Directory
BenQ W1080ST Home Theater Projector Review
Review: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD Projector
Epson Pro Cinema G6900 WU Home Theater Projector
Acer H5360 LED DLP Mini Projector Review
NEC VE281X DLP Multimedia Projector Review
Mitsubishi HC8000D Home Theater Projector Review