My level of installation is (Choose one)...
- Full installation (cables in walls)
- Casual installation: Wires running along floors, etc.
- Basic: I only need an extension cord, a PJ on the table with built in sound.
My viewing habits are (only if you do not have a dedicated theater/cave-like room) (Choose all that apply)...
- I plan to watch movies and other “dark” content at night (Y/N) ___
- I want to be able to watch everything, reasonably well in daytime (Y/N) ___
- I’m a big sports fan, and I want to be able to watch and socialize (Y/N) ___
- I only plan to watch move type content on the projector, I have an HDTV for the rest (Y/N) ___
- I have a LCDTV or Plasma for my daytime viewing, if need be, will use the projector only at night, but will watch a variety of content in addition to movies (Y/N) ___
- I have an audio system in the projector’s room (Y/N) ___
My plan is to (Choose one)...
- Ceiling mount my projector
- Place it on a table (all/most of the time)
- Place it on a table when using it
- Use it in more than one place
- I want/need to rear shelf mount, with the projector high up instead of ceiling mounting
- I need a portable system with decent built in sound
My desired screen size is (Choose one)...
- 80 – 100” diagonal
- 100” - 120” diagonal
- 120” – 150” diagonal
My screen will be (Choose one)...
- Fixed wall screen (permanently visible)
- Motorized screen (be sure it’s tensioned)
- Pull down screens or wall paint
My room’s ceiling is _____ feet high, so (Choose all that apply)...
- I need the top of my screen surface to be ___ inches to ___ inches from the ceiling (Y/N) ___
- I do plan for some people to sit behind others (Y/N) ___
- ___ inches off the floor is the lowest I think the bottom of the screen can be, so that folks in the back can see well enough (important!)
I can mount a projector at approximately 1.3-1.6 times screen width--range where most projectors will work. (Y/N) ___ I need to mount further back (or closer), the projector will be approximately ___ screen widths from the screen (a 100 inch diagonal 16:9 screen is 87 inches wide) (Y/N) ___ I need to place the projector on a rear shelf – up high
- The depth of my room is approximately ___ screen widths deep
In terms of vertical lens shift, (Choose one)...
- I will definitely need lens shift
- I am not sure if I need lens shift
- I have a tall ceiling, and want the projector mounted as high as possible
I am ceiling mounting, and I can mount the projector so that its lens is straight back from the center of the screen (left to right), which means I don’t need horizontal lens shift (Y/N) ___ The closest seating I will have, measured in terms of screen width (ex: a 100” diagonal screen is 7.25 feet wide) is (Choose one)...
- 1 to 1.4 screen widths back (close to fairly close)
- 1.40 to 2 screen widths (typical)
- 2 to 3 screen widths (long average to long)
- 3-5 screen widths (distant)
The furthest seating I will have (if more than one seating distance) is (Choose one)...
- 2 to 3 screen widths
- 3-5 screen widths (distant)
In terms of 3D Viewing, (Choose all that apply)... I am into 3D, can’t get enough, it is important to me that my 3D be great (Y/N) ___
- I like 3D, I want pretty good 3D (Y/N) ___
- 3D may be interesting to me, but I have no choice because the kids will love it (Y/N) ___
- I really don’t know if I care, but want to keep my options open (Y/N) ___
- No thanks - I could care less about 3D, I am unable to watch 3D, or it has no value to me (Y/N) ___
- I want 3D, but I don’t like 3D movie theaters because they’re dim (Y/N) ___
In order to make it happen (Choose one)...
- I’m on my own. I or my friends will help me install my projector
- I’m not a DIY type. I want an expert, I will work with a local dealer or installer
Warranty and support are important to my buying decision! (Y/N) ___ My room is not a fully light controlled. I know the size of the screen I want, I know that choosing the right screen is every bit as important as having a bright enough projector. (Y/N) ___ If I had to bet: Which projector choice (of the ones I'm considering) is the one, if I buy it, that I would be least likely to second guess my choice, six months after buying it? ______________________