October 2nd, 2013 admin
Art wrote 3 separate blogs about the new PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB and Pro Cinema 4030 and Home Cinema 5030UB/5030UBe projectors before he went to CEDIA and saw them in person. Read his preliminary thoughts here, here and here and then the info. from Epson in their Press Release.
P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Unveils Expanded Line of Elite 2D and 3D Full HD 1080p Home Theater Projectors
PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB, Pro Cinema 4030 and Home Cinema 5030UB/5030UBe Deliver High Color Brightness and Superior 2D and 3D Performance
Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB
DENVER, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — (CEDIA Expo 2013, Booth #2828) — Epson America, Inc. today unveiled its most diverse line-up of 2D/3D Full HD 1080p home theater projectors to date including the Epson® PowerLite® Pro Cinema 6030UB and Pro Cinema 4030, and Home Cinema 5030UB/5030UBe. Epson’s latest projectors provide custom installers and AV enthusiasts state-of the-art image quality and 2D/3D performance with up to 2,400 lumens of color brightness and 2,400 lumens of white brightness1 along with a suite of customization features, making it easier than ever to find the right Epson projector for almost any display environment.
“Epson’s newest home theater projectors push the boundaries of picture quality, color and white light output, 2D and 3D performance, and installation flexibility at this price point and beyond,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “Value-add features such as wireless HDMI, THX certification and innovative Picture-in-Picture mode present custom installers with a wide range of options to meet the expectations of the most critical home theater elitists or novice enthusiasts.”
Epson expands its award-winning line-up of Full HD, active shutter 3D and 1080p native resolution projectors with improved contrast ratio of up to 600,000:1 to create a dazzling big screen experience. All four models are equipped with an advanced Fujinon® OptiCinema™ lens (2.1 zoom ratio) for superior performance and quality, 480Hz Drive Technology for bright 3D images, and a built-in cinema filter for improved color fidelity. In addition, the models feature a new Black-and-White Cinema mode optimized for viewing classic films, THX® 2D and 3D Cinema viewing modes, and a Picture-in-Picture mode2 for watching two sources at once.
More about the Pro Cinema 6030UB and Home Cinema 5030UB/5030UBe
The Pro Cinema 6030UB and Home Cinema 5030UB and 5030UBe (wireless) feature contrast ratios of up to 600,000:1 and 2,400 lumens of color brightness and 2,400 lumens of white brightness1 for brilliant true-to-life color and deep black levels. Both projectors feature Epson’s Super Resolution technology and FineFrame™ technology for smoother frame interpolation and sharper video quality (2D Mode).
For added installation flexibility the Home Cinema 5030UBe includes a built-in WirelessHD receiver along with an external transmitter to provide five HDMI inputs to stream Full HD 1080p media without the hassle of running cables. In addition, the Pro Cinema 6030UB adds two anamorphic lens modes to enable 2.35:1 anamorphic viewing without an external processor3, ISF calibration, color isolation, a ceiling mount, cable cover and extra lamp for added installation flexibility and customization. For added value, both models include two pairs of 3D glasses.
More about the Pro Cinema 4030
The Pro Cinema 4030 delivers outstanding 3D and 2D image quality and performance with full HD 1080p native resolution, 2,000 lumens of color brightness and 2,000 lumens of white brightness1, and a contrast ratio of up to 120,000:1 for superb black levels. It also includes two pairs of 3D glasses, an extra lamp, a ceiling mount and a cable cover for added installation flexibility.
Added Features of Epson’s 2D and 3D Full HD 1080p Line-up
- Epson 3LCD technology for high color brightness and amazing color and detail
- Up to 3x brighter colors4, and reliable performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Five color modes in 2D and three color modes in 3D to easily adapt to different viewing environments
- All new Black-and-White Cinema color mode ideal for black and white movies
- Easy, flexible installation with manual lens shift of up to 96% vertical and up to 47% horizontal
- Epson’s exclusive 230W E-TORL® offering high brightness and up to 5,000 hours of lamp life5
- HDMI (two), component video, composite video, VGA, RCA audio, and USB connections
- Optical out port to enjoy wireless audio (Home Cinema 5030UBe)
- Two pairs of RF 3D glasses included with each projector; compatible with third party glassesColor Brightness Specification and Projector PerformanceThe new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, home theater enthusiasts want to enjoy movies with higher quality in both darkened home theaters and brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. Whether you’re watching movies, playing video games, or watching a family slideshow, Epson’s line of home entertainment projectors deliver consistent color brightness and white brightness, ensuring life-like reproduction of any content.Availability and SupportThe PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB and Pro Cinema 4030 will be available in late October for $3,499 and $2,499 respectively6. The Home Cinema 5030UB and 5030UBe will be available for $2,599 and $2,899 respectively6 online and through dealers in mid October. Each model comes with Epson’s industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service. The Home Cinema 5030UB/5030UBe includes a two-year limited warranty, while the Pro Cinema 6030UB and Pro Cinema 4030 include a three-year limited warranty. For more information, please see the detailed spec sheets.
The new line of Epson home theater projectors will be on display and demoed at Epson’s booth #2828 at CEDIA Expo 2013, Sept. 25 – 28.
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 68,000 employees in 96 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
Note: EPSON, E-TORL and PowerLite are registered trademarks, and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PrivateLine is a registered trademark, FineFrame is a trademark and Extra Care is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
1 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
2 Consult your user manual for input combinations.
3For use with external fixed or movable anamorphic lens options
4 Compared to leading 1-chip DLP Home Entertainment Projectors. Epson 720p projectors are 3x Brighter; Epson 1080p projectors are consistently 2x and up to 3x Brighter. Based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
5 Up to 5000 hours in Eco mode. Normal mode is up to 4000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
6 Estimated street price
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.