Comments by Projector Reviews staff:
NEC has added two short-throw projectors, the M300XS and M300WS, to its extensive line-up. Educators will appreciate the ability to project on a wall, screen or whiteboard from as little as 3.6 feet away, allowing flexibility of projector placement in the classroom. Read on for more information!
NEC M300WS and M300XS projectors
P R E S S R E L E A S E
NEC Display Solutions Expands M Series
New Short throw solutions for education and SMB
CHICAGO - March 9, 2011 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its M Short Throw Series digital projectors with the 3000-lumen M300XS and M300WS. Accommodating standard and widescreen needs, M Short Throw Series projectors deliver strong images to screens and whiteboards (including interactive) from less than 3.6 feet away.
Ideal for standard-sized classrooms and corporate conference rooms with limited AV space, the M300XS and M300WS short throw models are portable projectors that offer unique features like a virtually maintenance-free filter and 0.47:1 throw ratio for easier installation on a wall above the screen or whiteboard. Replacing the NP610S and
NP510WS projectors, the eco-conscious features in the M Short Throw Series include ECO ModeT technology for extended lamp life, quick start (3 to 4 seconds), auto power on via the RGB input connector and direct power-off with no cooling required after shutdown.
“The recently introduced M Series is receiving rave reviews from industry members, and the addition of these two short throw models to the lineup will round out our portable projector offering, making it accessible to a variety of our customer base,” said Rich McPherson, Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “The M300XS and M300WS bring educators what they need in the classroom to operate smoothly from lesson to lesson, such as HDMI for high-definition video, variable audio-out to control sound from an external speaker with the projectors’ handheld remote control and the ability to place the projectors as close as 1.8 feet away from the screen.”
The M300XS and M300WS include the following features:
Short throw distance of 1.8 to 3.6 feet
- 3000 lumens in XGA and WXGA native resolutions, respectively
- Lamp life up to 5000 hours
- HDMI, dual computer and USB inputs
- USB Viewer allows users to present without the use of a computer by displaying images stored as .jpgs from an optional USB memory
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projectors directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Variable audio-out to connect the projectors to an external speaker and control the volume with the projectors’ remote controls
- Wireless transmission of an image to the projectors without the need for external components is achieved using Image Express Lite
- 10-watt speaker
- Windows Vista & Windows 7 compatibility
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projectors in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The M300XS and M300WS ship with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in March 2011 at an estimated street price of $999 and $1,099, respectively. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.