Home Page of the 1080p Projector Comparison Report
This page provides additional guidance, and offers information in three topics:
- Overview: General information to get everyone started (including some basics from this page). Also in this section:
Projectors listed by price Class, with direct links to the individual reviews, and to each projector's Specs page in our database
- Highlights: A paragraph highlighting key aspects and features of each projector, organized by Class, and listed alpabetically
- Special Features: Discusses a number of special features found on different projectors, such as dynamic irises, creative frame interpolation.
This page covers a number of topics. They are pretty much self-explanatory. The topics are:
- Appearance (and physical layout)
- Control Panel
- Inputs and Outputs
- Remote Control
- Lens Throw and Lens Shift
- Anamorphic Lens Support
Image Quality Page
This page touches on:
- Out of the Box Picture Quality
- Skin (Flesh) Tones
- Black Levels and Shadow Detail
- Color and Picture Quality (post-calibration)
- HDTV (how well a projector is at handling general HDTV, and TV programming, and sports)
This page covers:
- Audible Noise
It primarily consists of charts showing best and brightest modes of each projector.
Discusses calibration, briefly, provides links to the individual Calibration pages in each projector's review.
Projector Screen Recommendations Page
This page essentially identical to last year's:
Discusses some basics regarding matching projector to screen to room. It summarizes some things appearing in our multiple Projector Screen articles. For specific screen recommendations for a particular projector, visit that projector's review.
Compare Projectors Page
This page, informational, is again, a repeat:
Provides an overview for comparing projectors, and for using the many individual head-to-head projector comparisons. The Compare Projectors page navigates differently than the rest of the pages found in the outline.
This page repeat - minor updates:
Talks about typical warranties, shows the projectors listed by price class, discusses replacement programs briefly, and indicates the warranty of each projector.
One of the shortest pages - just a brief wrap up, and final thoughts - it is written last, and may touch on some things overlooked elsewhere.