Runco Lightstyle LS-5 Projector Review
Runco LS-5 Projector: Pros
- Excellent Color
- Above average best mode brightness
- Very good black level performance
- Excellent dark shadow detail
- Relatively quiet for a DLP projector
- Vertical and Horizontal lens shift
- Excellent reputation for dealer network, and support
- Good two year warranty (optional premium support)
- Cable cover
- Picture in Picture
- Best in a home theater environment
Runco LS-5 Projector: Cons
- Below average brightness at its brightest modes
- Lacks CFI (creative frame interpolation) for smoothing motion on sports, etc.
- While two year standard warranty is typical, some projectors offer a 3rd year standard.
- Standard lens is fairly long throw, needs to sit pretty far back to fill a larger screen. There is a wide angle zoom, but that adds to the total cost.
Runco LS-5 Projector: Typical Capabilities
- Fairly typical election of inputs
- Remote control (though great red colored backlight)
Final thoughts: Everything I watched looked great. One of my friends who’s not a stranger to the theater, but generally disinterested in technology, or picture quality, commented after watching the Oscars, something like. “Wow, that was the best looking picture I think I’ve ever seen here.” That’s a good way to sum things up, so I’ll call it quits.
You May Also Like
Subscriber-Only Content Directory
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
Four Home Theater Projector Comparison
#4 in our 4-Way Comparison: Optoma HD91 Home Theater Projector
#3 in our 4-Way Comparison: BenQ W7500 Home Theater Projector
#2 in our 4-Way Comparison: Sony VPL-HW40ES Home Theater Projector
#1 in our 4-Way Comparison: Epson Home Cinema 5030UB Projector