Runco Lightstyle LS-5 Projector Review
Runco LS-5 Projector: Pros
- Excellent Color
- Above average best mode brightness
- Very good black level performance
- Excellent dark shadow detail
- Relatively quiet for a DLP projector
- Vertical and Horizontal lens shift
- Excellent reputation for dealer network, and support
- Good two year warranty (optional premium support)
- Cable cover
- Picture in Picture
- Best in a home theater environment
Runco LS-5 Projector: Cons
- Below average brightness at its brightest modes
- Lacks CFI (creative frame interpolation) for smoothing motion on sports, etc.
- While two year standard warranty is typical, some projectors offer a 3rd year standard.
- Standard lens is fairly long throw, needs to sit pretty far back to fill a larger screen. There is a wide angle zoom, but that adds to the total cost.
Runco LS-5 Projector: Typical Capabilities
- Fairly typical election of inputs
- Remote control (though great red colored backlight)
Final thoughts: Everything I watched looked great. One of my friends who’s not a stranger to the theater, but generally disinterested in technology, or picture quality, commented after watching the Oscars, something like. “Wow, that was the best looking picture I think I’ve ever seen here.” That’s a good way to sum things up, so I’ll call it quits.
You May Also Like
Business and Education Projector Reviews Directory
Home Theater Projector Reviews Directory
Epson Powerlite Pro L1500, L1505 Laser Projector Review
BenQ SU931 Large Venue Projector Review
Subscriber-Only Content Directory
Casio Ecolite XJ-V110W – A Value LED/Laser Projector – Review
Epson PowerLite W29 Projector Review
Canon REALiS WUX450ST Projector Review