11) Does it have a focus adjustment?
No. Is in focus if within the projectors specified capabilities.
12) What inputs/ouputs does the projector have?
One input for video signal that accepts a VGA cable, a RCA cable and an optional S-video cable.
13) Is it compatible with smartphones? Which ones?
Yes, with optional cable. Project images and your smartphones screen.
14) What files types can be used for a presentation. Document?
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF. Image formats: JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG. Video formats would be: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, MPG. Audio formats: MP3, MP2, OGG, WAV.
15) What light source technology is used in the projector?
The light source is laser technology rated to last 10,000 hours. Most likely will have next generation model before needing to replace.
16) Will it accept HD video sources and what is the highest resolution it will accept?
It does not accept direct HD video sources.
17) What cables does the projector come with, WHAT might I need?
The projector comes with one VGA cable to connect your laptop and one RCA cable with L/R audio. For S-video you will need an optional cable. Also, a special cable is necessary to connect an iphone, or ipod device.
18) How much outboard memory can be used by the projector?
The projector uses the 2GB included memory stick, but the projector can accept up to 16GB of USB flash memory and 30GB of a FAT32 USB hard disk
19) What is the highest brightness in standard mode with just battery and brightness with expansion pack or AC?
Highest brightness is 20 lumens. It has just one brightness mode.
20) What environment is this projector best suited to be used?
Dark environments with no ambient light for best viewing.