Optoma PK201 LED Pico Projector Review
|Optoma PK201 Specs|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||20|
|Zoom Lens Ratio||N/A|
|Lamp Life||20,000 hours|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90 Days on Battery|
Optoma PK201 Projector Highlights
- Has a native resolution of 854×480. Max resolution of 1280×800
- Can produce an image 66 inches diagonal from 10.5 feet away
- Comes with Optoma Video Encoder software so you can convert and play mutliple video formats.
- Can display JPG and BMP images. PowerPoint slides can be converted to JPG’s with Optoma software.
- Has input for a microSD card of up to 16 GB
- With additional accessories you can connect Apple iphones and ipods. Also you can connect Microsoft Zune, Sony Playstation Portable and other devices.
- Battery lasts up to 1 hour in Bright Mode.
Optoma LED Pico Projector - Overview
The Optoma PK201 is a modestly bright Pico projector producing 20 lumens in its brightest mode. Not a lot of power, but this unit doesn’t dissapoint even though the brightness is on the low side. I should state that most projectors that run under just battery power produce about the same lumens. It is not until you use AC power that you can achieve brightness levels in the 50 lumen range. Expect to get around half the stated lumens when you see Pico projector specficications. This unit does surprise by producing the 21 lumens when it was measured for this review.
The PK201 is tiny, literally just a bit larger than your typical Iphone, assuming you have a protective case. The design is well thought out and very easy to work with. All the butttons and functions are where you would expect them to be. It supports a multitude of input sources so literally any source you can feed it will work. Some adapters are required for sources like smartphones and other such devices.
It is powered by Lithium Ion battery that lasts up to 1 hour. The PK201 uses a DLP LED light source that lasts up to 20,000 hours. As you can imagine the projector will long be a relic before you ever need to replace the lamp. With technology moving so fast, you will have more than likely owned many Picos before you ever reach 20,000 hours of use.
To learn more about the PK201 from Optoma, check out the highlights below, some quick specs, the special features, then read on to get a more in depth look.
Specs for Optoma PK201 LEDProjector
- MSRP: $299
- Technology: LED light technology
- Native Resolution: 854×480 (16:9 aspect ratio, 4:3 compatible)
- Brightness: 20 lumens in Bright Mode
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Lens: Fixed lens with focus adjustment
- Lamp Life: 20,000 hours
- Dimensions: 2.4″ x 0.7″ x 4.6″;
- Weight: 159g
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90 Days on Battery
Optoma PK201 Special Features
Video Encoder Software and PowerPoint Converter
Converts popular video file formats into files that the Optoma can play without the use of a laptop. Supports AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP. Also has software for converting PowerPoint slides to JPG and BMP’s so you can also present without a laptop.
2000:1 contrast ratio for more vibrant images and better quality video.
LED Light Technology
You never have to replace the lamp. The LED light technology used in Pico projectors means you will most likely buy the latest model before the lamp ever fails.
Has a internal speaker which isn’t much, but there is also a 3.5mm audio out jack so a optional small speaker could also be used.
You May Also Like
BenQ SU931 Large Venue Projector Review
Optoma UHD65 4K Home Theater Projector Review
Stewart Deluxe Wallscreen Fixed Frame Screen Review
InFocus IN5148HD Projector Review
Epson Home Cinema 4000 Home Theater Projector Review
BenQ HT3050 Home Theater Projector Review
BenQ HT6050 Home Theater Projector Review
Sony VPL-VZ1000ES Laser, True 4K, Home Theater Projector Review