Review: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD Projector
EPSON HOME CINEMA 750HD: A solid, low cost 3LCD home entertainment and gaming projector that’s 720p resolution, 3D, capable. Can double as a business projector. Offers impressive color. Great warranty.
|Epson 750HD Specs|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||3000|
|Zoom Lens Ratio||Yes|
|Lamp Life||ECO mode: Up to 5000 hours2, Normal mode: Up to 4000 hours2|
|Warranty||Two-year projector limited warranty, Extra CareSM Home Service program, PrivateLine dedicated toll-free support (U.S. and Canada only) and 90-day limited lamp warranty; 1 year limited warranty on 3D glasses|
|View Full Specifications Here >>|
- 16:10 aspect ratio projector with a 1280×800 resolution
- Comes with USB rechargeable 3D glasses
- Made to be portable enough for outdoor movie nights, or to bring to a friends house
- Priced right to fit the budget of a home theater enthusiast who does not want to pay thousands, but still wants to be more than satisfied with the picture
- Bright enough to handle some pretty adverse light conditions
- Accepts all the latest technologies accept does not have native component input. Must use adapter
- Some image adjustment levers, but placement flexibility is still limited since it does not have horizontal and vertical lens shift
- Although not considered the ultimate home theater projector, the picture quality is good enough to compete with some of the best units on the market
- Three adjustable feet on the bottom of the projector for a wide variety of surfaces
- Is ceiling mountable for those that still want to use it as a dedicated home theater
Epson has long been known for having excellent home theater projectors at affordable prices. The PowerLite Cinema 750HD has met the expectations that all of its other home theater projectors created. The unit is 720p and although that isn’t what is considered absolutely ideal for a dedicated home theater, it is in fact perfect for those that want a great home theater experience, but don’t want to spend thousands.
The 750HD puts out 3000 lumens of white light and 3000 lumens color brightness. It has a native resolution of 1280×800, so that makes it a 16:10 aspect ratio projector. The unit is compact and easy to travel with. I actually used it for a barbecue one evening and everybody enjoyed watching funny youtube videos while gathered around the screen.
The Epson Home Cinema 750HD is 3 chip LCD projector and it does use your typical mercury lamp produce the image. The image however is really stunning. As of this writing I have the projector running displaying the news in 720p and the quality is excellent. Very difficult to see a difference between my regular home theater which is the 8500UB and the 750HD. The 750HD is definitely more brilliant in terms of brightness.
One thing that I can’t forget to mention is that Home Cinema 750HD can do 3D. Not only can it do it, it comes with one pair of USB rechargeable 3D glasses. Hook up your 3D capable Blu-ray player via HDMI and you will be quite surprised how good its 3D capabilities are. Legends of Flight was my favorite film to watch and to see the planes and wings seemingly float in my living room was really spectacular.
You May Also Like
Epson Home Cinema 5030 UB vs. Panasonic PT-AE8000U
Epson Home Cinema 5030 UB vs. Optoma HD8300
Optoma HD91 Home Theater Projector Review
NEC NP-L102W Projector Review
Epson Home Cinema 3020 vs. Optoma HD25-LV
BenQ MS517 DLP Multimedia Projector Review
#4 in our 4-Way Comparison: Optoma HD91 Home Theater Projector
#2 in our 4-Way Comparison: Sony VPL-HW40ES Home Theater Projector