LG HX300G Projector: 20 Questions Answered
1) What is the native resolution and what is the max resolution?
Native Resolution is XGA(1024x768). 1680x1050 is the highest resolution the projector will accept.
2) Largest image you can project and how far do you have to be to achieve it?
You can achieve a 100 inch diagonal image and you must be 108 inches away from the screen.
3) Standard battery life?
The projector only runs off of AC power.
4) Does it have internal memory, and how much?
No internal memory.
5) What light source technology does the projector use?
Uses LED light and lasts an estimated 30,000 hours.
6) What is the native aspect ratio and does it support other aspect ratios?
Native aspect ratio is 4:3 but does support wide aspect ratios like 16:9.
7) What is the throw ratio?
8) Does it have a remote control?
Yes, it comes with a full featured remote control. .
9) Does it have a full featured control panel on the projector?
Yes. You can control all the projectors functions.
10) What type of warranty does it have?
1 Year limited parts and labor. 90 days on the battery.
11) Does it have a focus adjustment?
Yes. However does not have a zoom adjustment. Must be physically moved to produce a smaller or larger image.
12) What inputs/ouputs does the projector have?
EAccepts HDMI, Composite video, VGA and Component via the VGA port, but requires special adapters.
13) Is it compatible with smartphones?
Yes, with optional cable. Project images from your PDA or iphone.
14) What files types can be used for a presentation. Document?
You can view files created in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF's. You can also share graphic files like Jpegs and movies from your smartphone.
15) What light source technology is used in the projector?
The light source is LED technology rated to last 30,000 hours. Most likely will have next generation model before needing to replace.
16) Will it accept HD video sources and what is the highest resolution it will accept?
The highest resolution it will accept is 1680x1050 through the VGA adapter. HD video sources are accepted through the HDMI port and will accept up to a 1080p and 1080i signal.
17) What cables does the projector come with, WHAT might I need?
The projector comes with one VGA cable to connect your laptop and also a component cable that has a VGA on one end and female component on the other.
18) How much outboard memory can be used by the projector?
19) What is the highest brightness in standard mode with just battery and brightness with expansion pack or AC?
The projector does not have the ability to run from battery power. Projector is rated at 270 lumens in its brightest mode.
20) What environment is this projector best suited to be used?
Darker environments with fairly low ambient light. The HX300G does pretty well because of its brightness in rooms where ambient light is greater.