5) What light source technology does the projector use?
Uses LED light and lasts an estimated 20,000 hours.
6) What is the native aspect ratio and does it support other aspect ratios?
16:9 but does support 4:3 aspect ratios.
7) What's the story on where to place the projector?
As an example, if you want a 60" diagonal image, the front of the projector will be about 50 inches away, a 1.2:1 throw ratio
8) Does it have a remote control?
Yes, it comes with a full featured remote control.
9) Does it have a full featured control panel on the projector?
Yes. You can control all the projectors functions, the graphic icons on the control panel match those on the remote control
10) What type of warranty does it have?
1 Year limited parts and labor. 90 days on the battery.
11) Does it have a focus adjustment?
Yes. However does not have a zoom adjustment. Must be physically moved to produce a smaller or larger image. The focus is rather sensitive.
12) What inputs/ouputs does the projector have?
One input for video signal that accepts a VGA cable, a RCA cable and a micro-USB input too. Also accepts HDMI through a mini HDMI port.
13) Is it compatible with smartphones? Which ones?
Yes, with optional cable. Project images from your iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
14) What files types can be used for a presentation. Document?
JPG's, BMP's. Also can play video formats such as AVI, MOV, MP4, 3GP, and most Microsoft Office documents
15) What light source technology is used in the projector?
The light source is LED technology rated to last 20,000 hours. That's about a decade of 40 hours a week! It should be obsolete years before the light source fails.
16) Will it accept HD video sources and what is the highest resolution it will accept?
The highest resolution it will accept is 1280x800 through the VGA adapter. HD video sources are accepted via the mini HDMI port and will accept a 1080i signal, per Optoma, but I did not have luck with 1080i the one time I tried it before settling on 720p from my PS3.
17) What cables does the projector come with, and WHAT might I need?
The projector comes with one VGA cable to connect your laptop and one RCA cable wiR audioth L/. For S-video you will need an optional cable. Also, a special cable is necessary to connect an iphone, or ipod device. Check with your sales representative before purchase since not all cables are supplied depending on your geographical region.
18) How much outboard memory can be used by the projector?
The projector can accept up to 16GG microSD card.
19) What is the highest brightness in standard mode with just battery and brightness with expansion pack or AC?
Highest brightness is 40 lumens on internal battery. With optional battery pack or AC it can produce 100 lumens in Bright Mode.
20) What environment is this projector best suited to be used in?
Dark environments with little ambient light for best viewing. A much better projector for sharing what you want, with a few people not a large room full of them.