Epson PowerLite 435W LCD Projector Review
Visit our 2012 Classroom Projector Report, sponsored by:
April 2012 - Anthony Arrigo
Epson PowerLite 435w Projector Overview
The Epson PowerLite 435W is a 3000 lumen projector, with a native resolution of 1280x800 pixels. It has a 16:10 native aspect ratio, which is the same aspect ratio of most laptop computers sold as of this writing. An 80 inch diagonal image can be be achieved when the projector is only 2.7 feet from the screen. Keep in mind, Epson offers ultra short throw projectors, as well, that can achieve an image size of 80 inches diagonal from just a foot or so away.
The Powerlite 435W is well equipped and capable. It was designed to be used with interactive Whiteboards.The short throw lens allows for less shadow on the screen while interacting up at the Whiteboard. Installation is made easy, since Epson does offer a mount specifically designed for this projector.
In terms of inputs, the Epson Powerlite 435W can accept just about any signal, and can output sound as well to external speakers. Let’s not forget, it even has a mic port. Karaoke anyone? The 16W speaker is another nice touch and is typically about 6 watts louder than most of the projectors on the market that only include one speaker.
The Powerlite 435W is cabable of doing PC free presentations via a USB flash drive and it can do it wirelessly via an optional wireless module. However, if you plan to hook your projector up to the network, it has a built-in ethernet port. All the projectors functions can be controlled via the LAN port.
Epson PowerLite 435w Projector Highlights
- 3000 lumens of color light output and 3000 lumens of white like output
- Has a estimated lamp life of 6000 hours in ECO mode due to the E-TORL lamp
- Is wireless capable by way of add-on module
- Can be made interactive with additional add-on module
- IPhone and IPad compatible
- Can be controlled through your network via RJ-45 connection
- 5000 hour filter cleaning schedule; so you don’t have to change filter often\
- Built-in teaching aids like graphs and lines for writing
Specs for the Powerlite 435w
Click here for full specifications: Epson PowerLite 435w
- Projection Technology: 3LCD
- Brightness: 3000 ANSI Lumens
- Resolution: WXGA (1280x800) Resolution with a Max of 1600x1200
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10. Supports 4:3 and 16:9
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 3000:1
- Lamp Life: 6000 Hrs. Eco Mode / 4000 Normal Mode
- Throw Ratio Range: 0.48 – 0.65
- Dimensions: 13.6" x 11.7" x 6.2" (WxDxH)
- Weight: 8.7 lbs.
- MSRP: $1149
Epson PowerLite 435w Projector Special Features
Easily make the projector wireless capable with easy to install add-on. PC free presentations are capable by sharing slides directly from your laptop without cables.
Achieve large images from just a few feet away. This reduces the amount of shadow created by the presenter while at the Whiteboard. Especially important if you decide to hook up a interactive module to the projector.
Built-in to the projector you will find teaching aids like lines and graphs to make teaching easier and more efficient.